JOHN M. LEVIS
Department of English, Iowa State
- Academic Speaking and Pronunciation (ENGL 99S)
- Academic English II for Graduate Students (Research and
- ENGL 101D)
- Introduction to World Languages (LING/WLC 119)
- Introduction to Linguistics (ENGL/LING 219)
- Descriptive English Grammar (ENGL/LING 220)
- North American English Dialects (HON
- History of the English Language (ENGL/LING 420)
- English Dialects and Language Attitudes (ENGL 489)
- Introduction to Linguistic Analysis (ENGL 511)
- Sociolinguistics (ENGL 514)
- English as a Second Language Methods and Materials (ENGL 518)
- Methods in Teaching Listening and Speaking Skills to
of English (ENGL 525)
- Technology and the teaching of pronunciation and
oral skills (ENGL 630)
Department of Foreign Languages and
Literatures, North Carolina State
Division of English as an
International Language, University of
at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
- Research and Technical Writing for Graduate Students
- American English Pronunciation
- Oral Communication for International Teaching Assistants
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Developmental Writing for International Students
- Second Language Acquisition
- TESL Methods and Materials
Department of Rhetoric, UIUC
- ESL Methods and Materials and ESL for Beginning-Level Adult
- Academic Writing and Oral Communication for Business, Summer 1992.
- Pronunciation for ESL Students, Fall 1987, Spring 1988, Fall
- English Structure and Paragraph Development, Spring 1989.
- English for Academic Purposes, Fall 1986, Spring 1987, Summer
Intensive English Institute, UIUC
- EOP Rhetoric and Principles of Composition, Fall 1987, Spring
1993, Spring 1994.
Toronto Institute of Linguistics,
- Coordinator for Pronunciation Tutorials, Spring 1991, Fall, 1992.
- Intensive Program for students from Moscow State University and
Agricultural College, Summer 1991, Summer 1992.
- Intensive Program for Konan University students, Summer 1990.
- Intensive Program for American Field Service (AFS) students,
- English Structure, Summer 1988.
- Articulatory Phonetics
- Language Learning Techniques
- TESL Preparation